Warehousing & Storage Level 2
The aim of the course is to provide theoretical knowledge and the practical skills involved in the movement and storage of goods.
This is a vocational qualification and has been approved by employers within the warehousing and storage Industry. Learners take two mandatory units covering health, safety, security and effective working relationships. Further credit comes from a wide range of optional units, covering activities including:
- Safe working practices
- Picking and wrapping goods in logistics operations
- Processing, assembling and dispatching orders in logistics operations
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the logistics and warehousing operations
- Moving and handling goods using mechanical equipment in logistics operations
- Provision of a high level of customer service
Assessment will be carried out in the workplace via observation and a portfolio of evidence.
To aid individuals who:
- Are working in logistics operations such as warehousing and storage, transport or freight forwarding
- Have a basic experience and an understanding of the logistics industry
- Are undertaking an apprenticeship in warehousing and storage