NVQ Performing Engineering Operations Level 2
The aim of this course is to provide the fundamental skills and knowledge common to all engineering practices to help an individual to progress within engineering.
This qualification covers the fundamental skills and knowledge common to all engineering practices. It offers an extensive choice and flexibility for learners to demonstrate competence in one or more of a broad variety of engineering activities. The qualification also caters for those providing technical support, including project planning and contributing to business improvement.
This is a National Vocation Qualification and can be delivered in the workplace or a suitable training environment. This qualification is open to any learner who has the potential to reach the assessment requirements set out in the relevant assessment routes. Learners must have at least minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the scheme. The qualification is assessed by practical assessment (evidenced through the learner’s portfolio), verbal questioning & witness testimony knowledge and understanding.
To aid individuals who are:
- Employed in engineering but require additional engineering competencies as part of an existing job role or to enable career progression
- Progressing to a range of Level 3 engineering qualifications, including apprenticeships
- Looking to embark on a career in engineering, covering disciplines as listed below:
- Maintenance engineering
- Fluid power
- Fabrication & welding
- Electrical/Electronic installation & servicing
- Woodwork manufacture & assembly
- Composite engineering
- Metals processing