GWO Slinger Signaller Course
The GWO’s Slinger Signaller Module is to enable the participant to support and care for themselves and others while working with slinger signalling in the wind industry by possessing the required knowledge, skills, and ability to conduct assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
Upon successful completion of GWO’s Slinger Signaller Module training course, the participant will be able to work within the wind industry conducting slinging techniques and signalling during simple lifting operations, meaning lifts conducted based on a lifting plan or covering known hazards.
Overall learning objectives:
The participants of the slinger signaller module will have the ability to:
1) On their own, take responsibility to attach and detach the load to and from the crane lifting attachment (Ability, intermediate level).
2) Take responsibility to initiate and direct the safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts in both familiar and unfamiliar situations (Ability, intermediate level).
3) Take responsibility for their role and responsibilities during the lift (Ability, intermediate level).
4) On their own, take responsibility for visual pre- and post-inspection on lifting accessories and load (Ability, intermediate level).
5) Take responsibility for handling lifting accessories (Ability, intermediate level).
6) Act independently when taking responsibility for ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load (Ability, intermediate level).
7) Take responsibility for slinging various types of loads, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape, and size and to seek guidance when needed (Ability, intermediate level).
8) Take responsibility to carry out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan independently and responsibly (Ability, intermediate level).
9) Take responsibility to comply with instructions/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting and to seek guidance when needed (Ability, intermediate level).
10) Take responsibility to ensure that equipment is properly applied, maintained and that defects are reported (Ability, intermediate level).
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities.
- The course participant shall have created a personal profile in WINDA, and have provided their WINDA ID prior to completing the GWO training.
- The course participants shall be medically fit, appear well-rested and be capable of fully participating showing no signs of fatigue, substance abuse or sickness.