Supervision of Port Operations Level 3
The aim of this course is to develop the skills of individuals who are responsible for supervising the operational activities associated with the transfer of cargo/passengers between a vessel and a cargo storage area/passenger terminal.
This qualification has been designed in conjunction with Port Skills & Safety to ensure relevance to the sector and allows individuals to demonstrate competence across a wide range of operations. No prior qualifications are required to undertake this qualification, although experience or knowledge of port operations would be an advantage.
There are a number of options available, such as:
- Develop procedures to control risks
- Health, safety & security in ports
- Operational readiness of a port terminal
- Coordinating and controlling vessel berthing operations
The qualification is assessed in the workplace by observation of practical activity, portfolio of evidence, questioning and professional discussion. Individuals should be employed or on work placement where they carry out relevant tasks that allow them to gather the required evidence.
To aid individuals who are:
- Currently in employment and who wish to obtain a formal qualification
- Responsible for supervising the operational activities associated with the transfer of cargo and passengers between the vessel and cargo storage area/passenger terminal