NVQ Certificate in Port Operations Level 2
The aim of this course is to provide the theoretical knowledge and practical skills in a wide variety of Port Operations activities.
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge necessary in one or more of a wide variety of Port Operations activities, including:
- Securing and transporting cargo
- Moving loads and cargo by various methods
- Handling various cargos
- Planning and implementing a lifting plan
- Berthing vessels
- Handling and navigating port craft
This is a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ). Learners must have the potential to achieve the assessment criteria set out in qualification units and must present a portfolio of evidence which clearly shows they have met the assessment criteria and learning outcomes.
To aid individuals who:
- Need recognition of their competence in one or more of a wide variety of Port Operations activities and also need a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Are undertaking an apprenticeship and wish to progress onto an advanced apprenticeship
- Are working in a Port Operations environment and would like to work towards a relevant Level 2 qualification
- Have experience of Port Operations but are looking to progress their career and wish to develop new skills within the industry